Research Positions Available
Several full-time postdoctoral positions are immediately available for MD and/or Ph.D graduates. Please state the name of the lab that you are applying to in the email subject.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Molecular or Cell Biology) – Daniel G Tenen Lab
A postdoctoral position is available immediately for MD and/or Ph.D. fellows interested in gene regulation and epigenetics in cancer and stem cell biology. Advantages of working in the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore include grants for senior postdoctoral fellows in order to assist them in the transition to junior faculty, the availability to recruit outstanding graduate students to their projects, and the opportunity to work with some excellent bioinformaticians and genomicists.
The main focus is the role of RNA in epigenetic regulation, particularly in hematopoiesis and leukemia. Examples are regulation of key transcription factors by RNAs, including long noncoding RNAs (Ebralidze et al, Genes Dev 22:2085, 2008), RNA editing in cancer (Chen et al, Nature Medicine 19:209, 2013), how RNAs modulate and can be utilized to alter epigenetics marks (Di Ruscio et al, Nature 503:371, 2013), and the role of epigenetic changes in development of the cancer phenotype (Amabile et al, Nat Commun. 6:709, 2015). But other projects involving gene regulation and cancer are ongoing as well. Candidates must have a proven track record in research and laboratory work in the form of publications in top English language journals. Ability to communicate in written and spoken English is required.
Applications for both positions should include full curriculum vitae, publication list, information on years of experience in research and laboratory work, and names and contact information (email and telephone numbers) of 3 referees. Please also include a summary of your research experience and a brief description of intent of research in the form of two short proposals.
Please indicate clearly on your application the postdoctoral position you are applying for and send your application to:
Prof Daniel G. Tenen
Senior Principal Investigator, CSI
Click here for more info.
Postdoctoral Fellow – Yvonne Tay Lab
A postdoctoral position is available immediately in Dr Yvonne Tay’s lab for a highly motivated Ph.D. or M.D graduate with a background in molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry or other related fields who is interested in deciphering regulatory RNA networks in the context of cancer (reviewed in Tay et al, Nature 2014; also see Tay et al, Nature 2008 and Tay et al, Cell 2011). The successful candidate will design and conduct experiments, analyse data, write papers and grants, mentor students, and compete for fellowships.
- A Ph.D. in cancer biology or related area.
- Experience with in vivo animal models, particularly mice and/or zebrafish.
- Expertise in RNA biology (including but not limited to microRNAs) is preferred.
- Strong background and working knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology techniques such as cell culture, cloning, real-time PCR and western blotting.
- Experience with analyses of human clinical samples, RNA sequencing, RNA immunoprecipitation, mass spectrometry and/or CRISPR genome editing is highly desirable.
- Ability to independently lead research projects and critically analyse data.
- A proven track record in the form of publications in top international English language journals.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
Applications should include full curriculum vitae, publication list, and names and contact information of 3 referees. Please also include a summary of your research experience.
Dr Yvonne Tay
Click here for more info
Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Assistant – Tam Wai Leong Lab
Position for a Bioinformatician at the research officer or post-doctoral level is available immediately at Dr Tam’s lab . The laboratory is broadly interested in understanding the contributions of cancer stem cells to malignant cancer progression. We focus on dissecting the distinctive properties of cancer stem cells in various carcinomas, and exploit these traits as vulnerabilities towards the development of targeted cancer therapies. The candidate will engage in bridging the gap between bioinformatics and biology. He/she will work on cancer genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics and metabolomics in partnership with a ‘wet lab’ postdoc.
Applicants should have relevant training in the field of computational biology and biomedical sciences. Prior experience as a bioinformatician is highly desirable. Candidates are expected to be highly motivated, creative, and strongly enthusiastic in addressing challenging problems in the field of cancer.
- Bachelor’s degree or Ph.D. in Computational Science, Bioinformatics, or Computational Biology
- Must have an interest in exploring the interface between biology, bioinformatics and computing
- Track record of scientific achievement and demonstrated creative abilities
- Experience in some these areas: RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, microarray, exome-seq, mutation analyses, meta-analyses, motif analyses, pathway analyses, heatmap and gene clustering.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter stating your research goals, curriculum vitae, and the contact details of two references to Wai Leong TAM. The lab is funded by the Singapore National Research Foundation, National Medical Research Council, A*STAR and Cancer Science Institute of Singapore.
Dr Tam Wai Leong
Click here for more information
Research Assistant (Bioinformatician) - Phillip Koeffler Lab
We are seeking a bright, energetic individual with superior bioinformatics skill in order to interact with approximately 10-15 post-docs/Ph.D. students, each of them are doing massively parallel sequencing of various tumors, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, RNA array as well as combing the bioinformatics literature for hot leads.
- MSc/PhD in life sciences, bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer science or related fields
- Programming skills in Python, R or equivalent language
- Excellent communication skills and good team spirit
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Preference will be given to candidates with
- Experience with data analysis of genomics and/or proteomics data sets
- Working knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques
Applications should include in a single PDF a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of at least 2 professional references. Please send applications with the reference “Bioinformatics MS” to:
Dr. Vikas Madan
Senior Research Scientist
Click here for more info.