Shortlisted foreign candidates will be required to attend an interview either in their home countries or by telephone.
Click here for the checklist of supporting documents required. Please note the following when completing the online application:
An official transcript of academic records is required from each university you have attended. You are responsible for requesting the transcript(s) from the relevant University. Please use the prescribed form for such requests. Transcripts must be enclosed in an official SEALED with its flap bearing the security seal of the university and the signature of the Registrar or representative. Graduates from NUS can submit copies of their result slips or official transcripts of their academic records.
Applicants whose native tongue AND medium of university instruction is not English must submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) as evidence of their proficiency in the English language.The minimum TOEFL score ranges for NUS are as follows:
|Type of test||Minimum score|
|Test||Institution Code||Department Code||Validity|
|TOEFL/IELTS||0677||9086||Two years from test date|
Applicants (except NUS/NTU/SMU graduates) must submit GRE scores. The minimum GRE score ranges for NUS are as follows:
|Tests taken prior to 1 August 2011||Tests taken on or after 1 August 2011|
|Test||Institution Code||Department Code||Validity|
|GRE||0677||n.a||Five years from test date|
For more details, please visit https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general_institutions/score_use.
- Referee Reports
Recommendations from 2 academic referees are to be submitted via the online admission system. You should check with your referees and obtain their institutional e-mail address. E-mail addresses from domains other than “.edu” may be subjected to additional screening and filtering. Once your online application is submitted, an automated e-mail will be sent to your referees.
Please upload a copy of each of your publication(s), if any, to the online application system. The journal’s “Impact Factor” field (which allows input of up to one decimal point) is essentially a measure of scientific impact that is based on citation rates for an article or other citable item. It also takes into account the significance of the journals in which result has been published. Please leave it blank if you are unsure.
- All supporting documents which are not in English must be accompanied by an official certified English translation.
- Supporting documents submitted are non returnable. Enclosures via e-mails will not be opened and will be deleted.
Submission of Application
Please note that after you have submitted your application online, you are required to send in the hard copy of your application together with the supporting documents via surface mail to the following address:
CSI PhD Graduate Program
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore
Centre for Translational Medicine (CeTM)
14 Medical Drive, #12-01
Please do not staple your application documents.
Please note that your application will only be deemed complete after we have received the hard copy of your application documents.
Please indicate on the hard copy of your application which program you are interested in applying to:
- PhD Scholarship in Cancer Biology,
- RNA Biology Scholarship,
- Or both.
Correspondences from the University
The University will correspond with you primarily using e-mail and the online status enquiry during the application process to convey messages such as requesting for outstanding documents, interview notification etc. Hence, it is very important that you provide a valid and correct e-mail address and maintain your e-mail account regularly. The University will not be responsible for undeliverable e-mails and their consequences.
Application for August 2019 Intake:
APPLICATIONS FOR AUGUST 2019 INTAKE HAVE CLOSED.
The application for August 2019 will open from 15 October 2018 to 15 February 2019, and all applications (both online and hard copies) and application fees should be received by 15 February 2019.
If you have submitted the completed application (with all the required documents) before the application closing date, your application will be processed and you will be informed officially of the outcome of your application in writing latest.
Any application received after the closing date would be considered for the next intake.
Rejection of Application
Inaccurate or false information or omission of material information or no application fee payment will render your application invalid. The University reserves the right to reject applications that are incomplete or inaccurate. Persons admitted on the basis of inaccurate or false information may be expelled. The University has not engaged any external agencies to undertake graduate student recruitment on its behalf. The School reserves the rights to reject any applications without giving reasons.
The non-refundable application fee is payable for each program and department you apply for. Online application – S$50 per application (inclusive of prevailing GST)
Mode of Payment
- Online payment by any of the methods: – VISA, Mastercard or AMEX – Debit Card (applicants must have an online banking account with either of the following banks: POSB/DBS, UOB or Citibank); or
- Complete the Application Fee Form and send it together with a crossed cheque made payable to National University of Singapore. Please write your name and program (Cancer Science Institute of Singapore Graduate PhD Program) applied for at the reverse side of the cheque; or
- Complete the Application Fee Form and make payment by NETS at the Student Service Centre (located at Level 1, Yusof Ishak House) during operating hours. Once payment has been made, please forward a scanned copy of the Application Fee Form to csi_gradprog[at]nus.edu.sg , stating ‘Name’ and ‘Application Number’ in the title of the email.
- Online payment by any of the methods: – VISA, Mastercard or AMEX – Debit Card (applicants must have an online banking account with either of the following banks: POSB/DBS, UOB or Citibank)
Outcome of Application
Applicants for the August 2019 intake will be notified of the outcome by 1 May 2019.
Please forward any enquiries to csi_gradprog[at]nus.edu.sg