I am a medical oncologist with dual fellowship training in oncology at the National University Hospital, Singapore and in clinical pharmacology fellowship at the University of Chicago. My clinical and research interests are in gastrointestinal cancer and early phase drug development. My research goals are improve treatment outcome by establishing the right dose, selecting the right drugs for the right patients.
- Syn NL, Wang L, Wong AL, Soe MY, Chuah B, Chan D, Tan SH, Soo RA, Lee SC, Goh BC, Yong WP. Dose Modifications in Asian Cancer Patients with Hepatic Dysfunction Receiving Weekly Docetaxel: A Prospective Pharmacokinetics and Safety Study. Cancer Sci. 2015 Dec 12.
- Subhash VV, Yeo MS, Tan WL, Yong WP. Strategies and Advancements in Harnessing the Immune System for Gastric Cancer Immunotherapy. J Immunol Res. 2015;2015:308574.
- Syn NL, Yong WP, Lee SC, Goh BC. Genetic factors affecting drug disposition in Asian cancer patients. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2015 Dec;11(12):1879-92.
- Subhash VV, Tan SH, Tan WL, Yeo MS, Xie C, Wong FY, Kiat ZY, Lim R, Yong WP. GTSE1 expression represses apoptotic signaling and confers cisplatin resistance in gastric cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2015 Jul 25;15:550.
- Zhou J, Yong WP, Yap CS, Vijayaraghavan A, Sinha RA, Singh BK, Xiu S, Manesh S, Ngo A, Lim A, Ang C, Xie C, Wong FY, Lin SJ, Wan WK, Tan IB, Flotow H, Tan P, Lim KH, Yen PM, Goh LK. An integrative approach identified genes associated with drug response in gastric cancer.Carcinogenesis. 2015 Apr;36(4):441-51.
- Lin SJ, Gagnon-Bartsch JA, Tan IB, Earle S, Ruff L, Pettinger K, Ylstra B, van Grieken N, Rha SY, Chung HC, Lee JS, Cheong JH, Noh SH, Aoyama T, Miyagi Y, Tsuburaya A, Yoshikawa T, Ajani JA, Boussioutas A, Yeoh KG, Yong WP, So J, Lee J, Kang WK, Kim S, Kameda Y, Arai T, Zur Hausen A, Speed TP, Grabsch HI, Tan P. Signatures of tumour immunity distinguish Asian and non-Asian gastric adenocarcinomas. Gut. 2014 Nov 10. pii: gutjnl-2014-308252. doi: 10.1136/gutjnl-2014-308252.
- Toh HC, Chen PJ, Carr BI, Knox JJ, Gill S, Ansell P, McKeegan EM, Dowell B, Pedersen M, Qin Q, Qian J, Scappaticci FA, Ricker JL, Carlson DM. and Yong WP. Phase 2 trial of linifanib (ABT-869) in patients with unresectable or metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer, 2013; 119: 380–387.
- Ivanova T, Zouridis H, Wu Y, Cheng LL, Tan IB, Gopalakrishnan V, Ooi CH, Lee J, Qin L, Wu J, Lee M, Rha SY, Huang D, Liem N, Yeoh KG, Yong WP, Teh BT, Tan P. Integrated epigenomics identifies BMP4 as a modulator of cisplatin sensitivity in gastric cancer. Gut2013;62:22-33
- Wong FY, Liem N, Xie C, Yan FL, Wong WC, Wang L,Yong WP. Combination therapy with gossypol reveals synergism against gemcitabine resistance in cancer cells with high BCL-2 expression. PLoS One. 2012;7(12):e50786.
- Van Cutsem E, de Haas S, Kang YK, Ohtsu A, Tebbutt NC, Ming Xu J, Peng Yong W, Langer B, Delmar P, Scherer SJ, Shah MA. Bevacizumab in Combination With Chemotherapy As First-Line Therapy in Advanced Gastric Cancer: A Biomarker Evaluation From the AVAGAST Randomized Phase III Trial. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jun 10;30(17):2119-27
|Name||YONG Wei Peng|
|Affiliations||Principal Associate, Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, NUS
Associate Director (Research) and Senior Consultant, Department of Haematology-Oncology, National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
|Institute||Degree (if applicable)||Year(s)|
|Aberdeen University, Scotland||MB ChB||1996|
|•||Chair, Oncology Pharmacology and Therapeutics Sub-committee, National University Hospital||2015 – Present|
|•||Associate Director of research, National University Cancer Institute, Singapore||2013 – Present|
|•||Chair, Domain Specific Review Board ‘C’, National Health Group||2012 – Present|
|•||Principal Associate at the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, National University of Singapore||2012 – Present|
|•||Senior Consultant, Department of Haematology-Oncology, National University Cancer Institute, Singapore||2012 – Present|
Senior Research Fellow
RAMACHANDRAN Gokula Krishnan
Gastric Cancer Immunotherapy
KUA Ley Fang
To assist in the development of immunotherapy with cytotoxic T lymphocytes and NK cells
YEO Mei Shi
Identification and functional validation of oncogenic determinants in gastric cancer
Praveen Chakravarthy PEETHALA
Drug testing in in vivo models of gastric cancer, Laboratory Management and Laboratory Safety
|•||Clinician Investigator Salary Support Programme||2015|
|•||IGCC Best Oral Presentation||2013|